Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Everyday Moments

Things have been crazy around here. I'm not sure I've even had a second to breathe, let alone blog. I feel like my body is exhausted, and because the craziness has finally calmed down, it's really letting me know how mad it is at me for pushing it so hard these past 2 months.

The last 2 months in a bullet points:
- We finally found a place. It's not a house like we wanted, in fact, its not much of what we wanted at all. But it will do for now, and we're grateful for it. We ended up getting a small 2 bedroom apartment. It doesn't have a yard, it doesn't have W/D hookups, but it doesn't have stairs either and at this point, that's the most important thing. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find a place with no stairs. We looked at over 200 houses (yes, I mean walked through them) and any that didn't' have stairs, also didn't allow dogs or was a scam - so wala, we are now here!

- I fired my old Rheumatologist and hired a new one :) I am very excited about this. Not only is this new doctor closer to us (so I no longer have over an hr drive), but he's already found another piece of my puzzle. He has dx'd me with severe Hypermobility Syndrome. It doesn't explain everything thats been going on with me, but add the HMS to the Fibro, and it's starting to look like we might be close to completing my very complicated picture.

- Back in May (not sure if I've blogged about this yet), but my horse was very seriously injured while out to pasture. At first, even the emergency vet didn't understand how crazy his recovery would turn out to be. Lets just say it's been a very emotional, trying 4 months and we've almost lost him. Luckily, and only due to wonderful veterinary care and huge miracles, he is now home and recovering well. Some may not understand why it would be such a big deal, but when God doesn't allow you to have children, your animals become your everything. Our dog and horse are our children in every sense of the word. Knowing I may loose him, and never bring him home, tore my heart outside my chest and shattered it. I can only hope his recovery will continue to go smoothly, and we stay out of the woods. He's a fighter for sure!

- We are proud to announce we now have FOUR nieces (and two nephews!). Baby Maddlyn (aka "Maddie") was born Sept 5, and she is beautiful. I haven't met her yet, time hasn't allowed for it and in all honesty, with how exhausted my body is, I knew that emotionally I wouldn't be able to meet her this soon anyways. I do look forward to meeting her within the next month when my little sister gets married. For now, I'm soaking up the pictures I've seen and sending all my love to her from afar.

- My grandparents, uncle/aunt and two cousins, as well as 2 of Maddies older siblings, came into town and stayed with my mom for 10 days... it was a whirlwind 10 days, but it was so much fun having so much quality time with the people I love most. I was given one of the most amazing families' and just adore them. "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all" describes my family perfectly. We fight, we laugh, we cry - but at the end of the day, there isn't a single thing we wouldn't do for each other and I don't know how anyone could ever look at my family and not see true, unconditional love.

On other news, emotionally things have been rough lately. Many things have triggered this, which I'll blog about over the next few weeks. My heart is tired, more so than even my body, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to continue through life feeling this way day after day. Every time I reach for spiritual comfort and open myself up to it, I feel as if I'm mocked and betrayed. Somehow, I'll need to find a way to get past that and continue to have faith, but that won't be happening today. I'm too tired.

I'll leave you with this video, it's a song that I listened to several times a day after my initial recovery. It's called "Somewhere in Between" by Lifehouse. 

"Cause I cannot stand still. I can't be this unsturdy. This cannot be happening. This is over my head, but underneath my feet."